Monday, January 16, 2012

Do You Want Your Change?

So, by all means I don't think I am an expert at anything.  Especially relationships.  However, I have had 3 (yes only 3 in all my years) long term relationships.  I have had nothing in between.  Nothing.  I go all out or not at all.  Today's topic is about change.  Can you change people that you are in a relationship with.  The answer is NO.  Plain and simple.  You think you can.  You hope you can.  You wish you can.  The bottom line is though people, that you can only change yourself.  The other will stay the same if they are fine with themselves.  So what I am trying to say here is if you feel like you are not getting anything, everything or something out of your relationship, you need to step back and see what it is that you are accepting as ok. 
In my situations, I was the other woman for a long, long time.  I told myself I didn't care.  I did.  I told myself I wasn't hurting anyone, he was.  I was...myself.  I told myself that the little I got from him was better than nothing.  It wasn't.  It took a long time, and a lot of tears, heartache and self discipline.  I finally broke the pattern.  The patterns with me were to wait and let him come to me.  Wait until is was ok on his time.  Fuck that shit!!!  What about me?  I kept quiet.  I didn't tell anyone about our relationships.  I was the good girl.  I even put up with not having orgasms for years!  How pathetic is that??!!  Wasn't afterall just about sex?  I told myself it wasn't for me, but you better believe your ass it was only that for these guys. 
Bottom line.  The change comes from you and you only.  Do it! It is powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment